Sunday, September 24, 2017

A MAN’S MEDITATIONS #1: ESCAPE




A MAN’S MEDITATIONS #1: ESCAPE

PROLOUGE: The poetry series titled “A MAN’S MEDITATIONS” focuses on the musings and focused exercises of a mature man purposed to transport himself into a place of peaceful meditation that deliberately does not exist. It is nothing more than a fantasy realm, a refuge or “hythe” from the world he desires to escape. Meditation is an essential spiritual exercise. We are at a distinct disadvantage being located inside ourselves because in order to understand who we are it is necessary to observer ourselves from the outside-in. Meditation is therefore a useful tool for introspection from the parallax of an outsider. When we meditate it is important to take detailed mental notes on what we have experienced especially how we behaved during the process…

This poem begins after the meditation has already begun. I have fashioned a grassy, sunny forest clearing through which runs a small river. In the meditation the day approaches its ending I note changes in the environment as twilight approaches. I gradually move from the forests eaves into the open field as the sun becomes less intense and when shadow begins to set in I go down to the river to drink. Returning home I realize I must refocus because I have lost reckoning of my path. Of course this does not really matter in a meditation because home is always evident but the transition from meditation to home is important so that we are able to make a smoothe transition… please enjoy the poem…

BIGDADDY BLUES




ESCAPE: MEDITATION ONE

T’was a place where the evensun shone through,
The hair of round-shouldered, hillsides I ventured through,
who’s gilded verdure leant to me a hythe,
promising a refreshing rendezvous...



I kept to the eaves where the even-breeze was soft,
where he woodland leaves patterned a twi-lit cloth,
night-time creatures roused in their nests,
waiting for an evening-chime to send them off…



a lapis firmament was deepening its tinct,
vulpeculan and aquilan spectra began to wink,
o’er a chanting rivulet riven through the field,
so i chose to rest there and took its drink…



I sought-out home whilst woodland paths were clear,
having wandered beyond reckoning of what lay near,
the journey had been so much worth its time,
having got my troubled bluesings and musings cleared…






FIN


By BIGDADDY BLUES




No comments:

Post a Comment